What We Offer
We offer individual, couples, and family therapy to adolescents and adults. Here are some of the difficulties with which we can help:
- Addiction including alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, and prescription medications
- Adjustment difficulties
- Anxiety including anxiety and stress management, Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Phobias, PTSD, and Social Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Communication problems
- Depression including Major Depressive Disorder and Persistent Depressive Disorder (dysthymia)
- Couples and family issues/conflict
- General life dissatisfaction/feeling stuck
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Grief and loss
- Health and medical issues including chronic pain
- Health/wellness issues (e.g., healthy lifestyle change, smoking cessation, and weight loss)
- LGBTQ issues
- Life transitions (e.g., divorce, parenthood, new job or school)
- Motivation issues including procrastination and difficulty getting organized
- Parenting issues
- Relationship/interpersonal difficulties
- Schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and other psychotic disorders
- Sexuality issues
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trauma including abuse, accidents, assault, and PTSD
- Veteran’s readjustment
Mind Matters Institute provides evidence-based treatments which have been shown to be effective in scientific research. You expect your medical doctors to be using the most current and effective clinical practices available to them. Mental health practitioners should be held to the same standard. You deserve the most effective treatment available!
While long-term treatment is available, the therapies we generally use are short-term and problem-focused. Treatment options will be discussed with you, and the type of therapy used will depend on your treatment goals and your preferences. While we will provide suggestions, we value your voice and partnership in deciding what is best for you.
We proudly serve our community in Northeast Los Angeles, including Glendale, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Glassell Park, Mount Washington, Atwater Village, Silverlake, Pasadena, La Canada Flintridge, La Crescenta, and surrounding areas.
Mind Matters Institute,
A Psychological Corporation
Disclaimer: Email is not a secure form of communication; therefore, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Requests for emergency or crisis services should be made directly by phone. This email account may not be checked daily, on weekends, or during holidays.